Web hosting is a service which is a type of internet hosting service which allows individual and companies to make their websites accessible through World Wide Web. Web hosting services work through storing your website files in high-powered web servers which are connected to a very high speed network. When anyone type any web address then the internet connects to the web server which is means your website files and then transfers your website information back to their system. From that they can search and view the pages of your websites.
There are different types of web hosting options which are available. There are as follows:
1. Shared Web Hosting: Shared web hosting environment you and your web hosting owners shared one server. It is that your website is hosted on a server share by other websites. It is a very most common type of web hosting and also the easiest to start out on. It is a service where one server is connected between many customers.
2. Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting also known as grid hosting which refers to a fairly new hosting technology that means hundreds of individual servers work together so that it looks like a giant server. It is essentially a meeting place half a way between shared hosting and dedicated cloud hosting. Servers still connected the physical server hardware with another cloud servers, but special visualization technology partitions, or splits-up, the physical hardware so that each server has its own assets and can be configured almost like a full server.
3. Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated server hosting is the meat of hosting. When you have a dedicated server, it means you are renting a physical server from a hosting company. You have full control and permission on the server. It means you are getting your own server and all its resources, dedicated to you and no one else.
4. Collocated Hosting: In this type of web hosting, you will purchase or buy your own server and also have it housed at a web host’s facility. When you collocate, you rent rack space from a data center. You bring it your own server power and they provide power, cooling, physical protection and an internet up link. You will be responsible for your server itself, data storage, back up procedures. If the hardware fails, then you are important for replacing it and getting the server back up and running.
5. Free Hosting: free web hosting can be a good selection when you just want to promote a website which is non critical and made for fun. Mostly, in a free hosting environment, connection speed is very slow. Websites can be generally down and advertising banners is automatically added to your website.
Different user has their different requirement which they want to fulfill so the hosting services are to be selected looking at the financial viability.